Wednesday 24 July 2013

Customer Service or Not?


So basically, I've worked in customer/client service almost my entire working life(Mostly in the UK).

Customer Service in the UK is of top priority for all businesses. Some companies have dedicated departments for customer service. Lapse on the part of employees for maintaining a certain standard is strongly frowned upon. (Some fired in some cases)

Now customer service back in Nigeria is a different story. (This post stems from an experience I had recently at a Mr Biggs outlet).

First, the fact that my food had to be heated up in a microwave put me off(different story for another day).

When I kindly asked (God is my witness) the customer lady to cover my food with a microwave cover, she replied “What?”. I was shocked! And it completely put me off to say the least.

This is how people lose customers without realizing it.

Customers are the life blood of businesses. If a business serve customers well it makes them happy and confident with your services then you get the chance to be of service to their friends and family.


Give them great customer service and they will coming back and even better when you ask for referrals and they will open the way for more customers to your business.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment