Wednesday 12 June 2013

Living in "Lasgidi"

So now, Having lived in Lagos for over two months plenty thanks to a job offer .
I decided to do a little preview of my life in Lagos so far.
Hmmm!....Lagos was NEVER on my list of cities to live in Nigeria, I had Ibadan or Abuja in mind for when I would move back to “Naija” eventually.
Everyday is DRAMA in our very own “Lasgidi”…..I think Lagos means different things to different people.
Before... I moved I heard “you are going to be so frustrated” or “you are going to be stressed”, Lagos is this and that but I refused to think that way.
I strongly believe that, as humans it is amazing what we can live with once we make up our minds!
Its all in the mind People!....
Ive been to a lot of places in Lagos using cabs, BRT buses and the regular commercial buses and same old okada. BRT buses are very similar to Transport for London buses.
The struggle for seats during rush hour LOL, people packed like sardines…the whole nine yards except of course the traffic in Lagos is a lot worse and the maintenance culture is better in London.
Even if you have never lived in Lagos before, you are sure to get a whiff of the real life that happens in this very busy city. Funny, comical and truly Inspiring!
Overall and I never thought I’ll say this but I LOVE LAGOS!!!!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment